Professional Solutions for 2D and 3D Blu-ray Disc™ authoring
The Sony Blu-print™ authoring system is the optimal solution for Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Designed for professional high-volume production, it provides the flexibility to achieve complex authoring scenarios with great intuition for both the novice and the expert user.
Blu-print 6 introduces support for Profile 5 compliant Stereoscopic 3D authoring.
New Stereoscopic 3D features added to Blu-print 6:
- MVC Support: Base + Dependant 2 ES file
- Automatic Detection of 3D video vs 2D video
- Support for 3D PG and IG
- 1 Plane + Offset
- Support for 3D Offset Metadata (OFS format)
- BDN Subtitle format updated
- 1 to 1 Seamless Connection
- Seamless Layer Break at Clip Boundary
- 3D BDJ Object and Application Support
- Support for Top Aligned and Bottom Aligned Subtitles
Blu-ray Specification compliant authoring system:
all authoring actions in Blu-print follow and comply with the Blu-ray Association specification for compliant authoring at all levels of Blu-ray Discs production.
Additional new features for 2D and 3D authoring
- Database Model Upgrade
Internal application Database allows for faster multiplexing and project updating.
- Comprehensive XML Template support
Build project object structure using XML for faster project design
- Project can be fully described in XML
- Easy Export/Import to share projects
- Native BDCMF and Sony CMF output support
Creation of Cutting Master Files is done within the application. No need for a separate application.
- Advanced DTS HD bit-rate balancing technology with support for the new DTS-HD Encoder
- Project versioning support
- Advanced Playlist features added
- Allowable Playlist Gaping in Secondary Video and Audio, and Primary Audio
- Advanced File System Layout to allow BD-J IO During A/V Playback
- Enhanced Managed Copy support
- Windows Vista support 64bit
Full and accurate support for BDMV (Blu-ray Disc™ Movie Mode) content type:
Blu-print supports the entire range of the BDMV specifications, allowing you to fully author BD discs with up to 999 movie objects, 9 video angles, over 2000 playlists.
High level scripting capabilities:
Blu-print provides also a high level scripting language (BD-script) that allows for endless creativity and gives access to the full range of PSRs (Player Status Registers). The syntax is very similar to one used by popular programming languages like C++ or C# making the learning curve less steep for the (non-beginning) programmers.
Compliant support for all four HD codecs:
Blu-print is fully compatible with all four HD codecs approved by the Blu-ray Association, AVC/H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, and MVC (Multi-view Codec for SS 3D).
Interactive Menu layers available for impressive menu effects:
Blu-print allows you to manipulate the layered menu planes and to achieve visual effects such as pop-up menus and special features.
Ability to integrate full BD-J (Blu-ray Disc™ Java) applications into a project:
Blu-print handles all integration of a BDJO (Blu-ray Disc™ Java Object) project so you can easily integrate your BD-J JAR (Java Archive) files and associate them with the BDJO. Blu-print allows for full BD-J control.
Full complement of menu effects:
create sophisticated interactive menu effects using animated buttons and pre-built transitional events to make your menus come to life. With Blu-print you can have separate menus using the "always-on" or the "pop-up" interactivity, providing near endless creative options.
HD Audio supported:
Blu-print allows for full HD audio using the newest available audio codecs, including DD+ (Dolby Digital), DTS-HD (Digital Theatre Sound), Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital, DTS and LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation) audio files.
Advanced Access Content System content protection support: secure your Blu-ray Disc™ titles with next-generation AACS content protection
Subtitle presentation graphics:
Blu-print provides full support for subtitle streams for both image and text-based subtitles. Blu-print allows input of subtitles individually or by importing a file.