Create movies that sound as good as they look. Use Movie Studio Platinum to produce custom music soundtracks, remove unwanted noise from video footage, control audio volume and panning with track envelopes, record and edit live audio, and synchronize audio with video.
Access up to 20 royalty-free Sony Sound Series: Production Music soundtracks. Each Production Music soundtrack comes in four different lengths. Choose the one that best fits your movie, or tweak the file any way you want. You can also import your own music directly from CD or MP3.
Record your own voiceover and music into Movie Studio Platinum. Work with up to 20 tracks, all of which can be used to record audio. You can also record different takes and use one or all of them in your project.
Ensure a high-fidelity soundtrack. The Audio Restoration plug-in lets you remove clicks, pops, and other unwanted noise from your music and audio files.
Audio Event FX
Audio Event effects provide more precise control over the placement of audio effects as you can apply unique effects directly to events.
Zplane élastique timestretching
With élastique Pro technology, you can perform dramatic time stretches and pitch-shifts of audio tracks while retaining maximum sound quality.
Surround sound mixing and encoding
Import multichannel (5.1) source files from your camcorder. Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround DVD soundtracks. Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes with the included Dolby® Digital AC-3 encoding software.
Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit SP2, Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows® 8 32-bit or 64-bit, or Windows® 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit operating system
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- NVIDIA, INTEL, or AMD GPU:
Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.
- GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
- Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.