- Microsoft® Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit or Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit (including Windows 8.1)
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- Supported NVIDIA, AMD or Intel GPU
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.
- GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
- Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.
AAC, AA3, AIFF, AVI, BMP, CDA, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, OMA, PCA, PNG, QuickTime®, SND, SFA, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV, XAVC S
AAC, AC3, AA3, AIFF, AVC, AVI, BMP, FLAC, JPEG, LPEC, MP3, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, PCA, PNG, TIFF, QuickTime, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV, XAVC S
Two modes to match your experience level and needs in Movie Studio 13 Platinum
In this article, we'll explore the two modes of Movie Studio 13 Platinum: Simple Edit mode and Advanced Edit mode. By the time we're done, you'll have a strong sense of where you'll start and what you're working towards once you get more advanced.