Produce stunning 3D video with innovative stereoscopic 3D editing tools. Access hundreds of video and audio effects. Personalize your movies with text animations, title rolls, scrolling credits, and more — all in Movie Studio Platinum.
Simple editing tools
Use new tools like the Split and Trim buttons in the toolbar for speedy and precise editing. Use the Split button to break an event into sections. The new Trim button helps to quickly remove excess footage from the beginning or end of your project.
Create stereoscopic 3D projects as easily as 2D projects, no additional tools required. Preview and deliver projects in side by side, line alternate, and anaglyphic modes. Even if you don't have an expensive 3D monitor, you can create anaglyphic 3D projects, preview them with a pair of inexpensive anaglyphic glasses, and then deliver the projects any way you want.
Start a dialog
The New Project, Render As, and Make Movie dialogs make it easier for users of any skill level to create new projects, export completed projects, or burn existing projects to a DVD or Blu-Ray Disc™.
Video plug-in architecture
The video effects plug-in architecture, based on the Open Effects Association platform, enables third-party plug-in developers to design and produce advanced video effect plug-ins more easily. Additional plug-ins offer Movie Studio Platinum users hundreds of new effects and special techniques.
Browse third-party add-ons
Quick production tools
Be more productive! Download Fasst Apps plug-ins by Vasst to speed up editing processes such as lower-third creation and marker placement.
More Fasst Apps
Reduce jitter and shaky video footage with image stabilization technology. Shaky video footage, shot from handheld camcorders and inexpensive portable pocket devices, can quickly be salvaged with several optimized presets.
Secondary color corrector
Adjust color differences in videos shot with multiple camera setups or lighting situations. Enhance dull, washed-out footage, or make specific color ranges stand out.
Easy slideshow creation
Quickly create dynamic slideshows from a set of images with a few simple clicks. Create pan/zoom effects and transitions across a collection of still images.
Make yellow or blue video look natural again. Users can automatically adjust the color of a clip, or entire video track, with poor white levels simply by using the white balance plug-in tools.
Play your video from the Trimmer and Video Preview windows. Transport controls provide intuitive and immediate command over editing, as well as improve the overall workflow and experience.
Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit SP2, Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows® 8 32-bit or 64-bit, or Windows® 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit operating system
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- NVIDIA, INTEL, or AMD GPU:
Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.
- GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
- Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.