Tuesday, May 07, 2002
Sonic Foundry Ships Sound Forge 6.0
Newest version of professional digital audio recording, editing and mastering software features powerful new tools for faster, more precise editing and significant enhancements in user flexibility
MADISON, Wis. — Sonic Foundry® Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), a leading software and services provider of rich media content creation and management technologies, announced today that it has begun shipping a new version of Sound Forge®, the company's award-winning professional digital audio recording, editing and mastering software. Sound Forge 6.0 includes many new powerful features and enhancements, including nondestructive audio editing, multitask background rendering, 32-bit/64-bit float/192kHz file support, enhanced DirectX® plug-in management, QuickTime™ and Windows Media™ format import and user interface enhancements.
Sound Forge remains the industry-standard for audio editing, audio recording, effects processing and streaming media creation. This software is used worldwide for production in leading recording studios, post-production houses, broadcast facilities, home studios, radio stations and as part of multimedia curricula in hundreds of academic institutions nationwide. Sound Forge 6.0 includes an extensive set of customizable processes, effects and tools for manipulating audio, and supports a wide range of audio and video file formats, including Windows Media™, RealMedia™, QuickTime™ and MPEG 1&2.
"Sound Forge 6.0 establishes a new standard for professional digital audio editing and media production on the PC," said Brad Reinke, general manager and senior vice president for Sonic Foundry product software. "Version 6.0 expands on a decade of leadership by adding features that make it faster and more powerful than ever, From nondestructive editing to new formats for import and rendering, Sound Forge 6.0 provides the most intuitive and efficient digital audio editing environment available for media professionals worldwide."
New Features in Sound Forge 6.0 include:
- Nondestructive Audio Editing Users can create a clean, professional final product - now with lightning-fast precision.
- Multitask Background Rendering Users can save valuable time by continuing production on one file while Sound Forge processes another in the background
- 32-bit/64-bit float/192 kHz file support Sound Forge 6.0 now supports full resolution 32-bit files for pristine audio quality.
- Enhanced Time Zoom (24:1) Allows users to perform precise sample-level editing.
- New Modeless Audio Plug-In Chainer Users can select, preview, and apply their favorite effects and hear the results immediately on any open data window.
- New DirectX® Plug-in Manager Sound Forge 6.0 features a new plug-in manager that allows users to sort, arrange and customize audio effects more efficiently.
- Tabbed Docking Windows Users can dock floating windows, including Regions List, Playlist, Play Meters, and Time Display individually, or on top of each other, providing a higher degree of organization and accessibility.
- Full support for 4 GB and larger files Sound Forge 6.0 now supports files of all sizes, as long as the user's file system supports NTFS.
- QuickTime™, Windows Media™ Format Import Users can open and edit MOV, WMA, and WMV formats for quick transcoding to other file types.
- FREE Vegas Video LE 3.0 Multitrack Sound Forge6.0 includes a FREE streamlined version of Vegas Video 3.0 (Vegas Video LE), Sonic Foundry's professional multitrack digital video and audio editor.
For a complete list of the new features in Sound Forge 6.0, refer to the company Web site at: www.sonycreativesoftware.com
.Availability And Pricing
The MSRP for Sound Forge 6.0 is $499.95, but it is offered direct from Sonic Foundry for $399.96 as a download, $449.95 for boxed product or from select retail stores nationwide. Registered users of Sound Forge 5.0 can upgrade direct from Sonic Foundry for only $149.95.