Create 3D projects as easily as 2D
Create stereoscopic 3D projects utilizing the same 2D media workflow! Vegas Pro 12 provides the ability to import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media — all using industry-standard professional delivery formats including single or dual files with side-by-side, top/bottom, or line-alternate encoding. Anaglyphic monitoring and output are also supported.
Powerful monitoring solutions
It is critical to be able to monitor in 3D when applying edits to 3D video. The Video Preview window provides an extensive selection of viewing options including channel specific, top/bottom, side by side, a blend of both (useful for some 3D adjustments), or anaglyphic display. Professional editors can use an SDI or HDMI connection with a line-alternate 3D display to deliver a high-end preview experience.
Stereoscopic 3D enhancements
Utilize the new stereoscopic editing tools to easily correct stereoscopic 3D screen edge violations. You can also shift the horizontal offset in select 2D effects and transitions, which allow the perceived depth of the effect to be adjusted.
NVIDIA 3D Vision support
Vegas Pro 12 supports NVIDIA 3D Vision for single-display 3D devices, including the VAIO F-series 3D laptop.
New! Stereoscopic auto-pairing
Allows bulk pairing of stereoscopic 3D subclips on the timeline instead of a pair at a time. Also adds the ability to automatically pair stereoscopic 3D media created with the Sony PMW-TD300, or a pair of PMW-F3 cameras using the 3D Link feature.
Auto correct footage
Automatically correct 3D video by quickly applying calculated 3D adjustments. This salvages minor camera setup discrepancies and ensures that the 3D footage is correctly aligned.
Vegas Pro 12 provides integrated support for CineForm Neo3D files. After the CineForm Neo3D product is installed, Vegas Pro can read and write files including smart rendering for I-frame AVI only CineForm content.
True stereoscopic 3D camera for 3D track motion compositing
Create 3D motion effects with precise control over Z depth, plane intersection, compositing, and more. The Vegas Pro 12 track-grouping model allows multiple tracks to move and rotate in 3D space. 3D motion occurs in real time and is instantly able to be previewed.
Integrated 3D adjustments
Improve your 3D project by utilizing the integrated tools for basic 3D adjustments. Typical corrections include horizontal and vertical offsets, zoom discrepancies, keystone, and rotation. Tools to flip video horizontally and vertically and to automatically crop images help to ensure professional 3D results.
Add depth to 2D elements
2D elements — such as backgrounds, titles, graphic elements, or keyed video — may be intermixed with 3D content using the traditional Vegas Pro track compositing methods. Using the same horizontal disparity offset adjustment tools used for 3D media, these elements may be given depth in the 3D output. Because they are not stereoscopic, they will be flat, but can be placed in front of or behind screen depth.
Flexible input and output formats
Vegas Pro 12 software provides support for industry-leading stereoscopic 3D formats.
Input: Separate Left and Right, Top/Bottom (half), Top/Bottom (full), Side by side (half), Side by Side (full), and Line Alternate.
Output: Separate Left and Right, Top/Bottom (half), Top/Bottom (full), Side by side (half), Side by side (full), Line Alternate, Anaglyphic, Checkerboard, Blend, and Difference.
Vegas Pro 12 system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® 64-bit SP2, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows® 8 64-bit, or Windows® 8.1 64-bit operating system
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.51 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
- GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering require an OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory or more. (please see the GPU acceleration page for more detailed specifications and driver requirements)
- NewBlueFX Titler Pro requires either an NVIDIA or AMD/ATI graphics card. See above for details.
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software.