Complete multitrack environment
The Vegas Pro 12 collection includes powerful audio recording and editing tools for the most demanding productions. Record audio in a multitrack environment with input buses, professional metering, punch-in recording, unlimited tracks, and more. Enjoy real-time envelope automation recording, join audio with flexible automatic crossfades, and create mixes with assignable effects. Address Vegas Pro software with external control surfaces, route signals via Master and Aux outputs, and much more. No other NLE provides a digital audio workstation feature set like Vegas Pro software.
Mixing console window
The mixing console provides sophisticated hardware emulation to mix audio, specify routing, assign audio effects, and control automation. Customize your console layout and the details of all track and bus controls — including FX sends — to make working with your audio mixes efficient and productive.
Surround sound mixing and encoding
Vegas Pro 12 has extensive tools for the creation of 5.1 surround mixes. Apply keyframes to the surround panning of tracks and buses to mix the most demanding DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ soundtracks, while never leaving the Vegas Pro environment. Apply 5.1-channel audio effects to the master bus for enhanced control over surround mixes. Export projects as discrete tracks for post-encoding, or encode directly to Dolby Digital® surround with the Sony Creative Software Dolby Digital-certified AC-3 Pro encoder. In addition, the DVD Architect Pro software imports AC-3 files for multichannel 5.1 DVD and Blu-ray Disc creation.
Extensive audio effects
Vegas Pro software supports the popular VST plug-in format. Signal and effects processing can be applied to individual audio events, all events on a track, and buses. Choose from more than 30 included, real-time signal and effects processing tools. Automate effects with envelope control for each parameter. Vegas Pro software includes essential effects such as Wave Hammer Compression, EQ and Noise Gate, as well as Reverb, Chorus, and Delay. 5.1 DirectX® effects for the master bus include EQ, Dither, and Wave Hammer Surround compression tools.
New! Monitor audio via video preview device
Audio monitoring can now be routed to the SDI output of a supported AJA or Blackmagic Design video preview device.
Audio event FX
Vegas Pro allows editors to incorporate audio effects at the event level, track level, bus level, and master output stage, for maximum flexibility when working with multitrack projects.
VU meters, available in the Mixing Console, provide a useful measurement that averages peaks and troughs to provide a visual representation of the perceived loudness of your audio material.
Audio track header output metering
The audio track headers provide a dedicated pan fader offering access to both the pan and volume faders at all times. In addition, track output meters display audio levels during playback.
New! 64-bit audio plug-ins
Previously, a number of Sound Forge Pro 32-bit plug-ins did not work in Vegas Pro 64-bit versions. These plug-ins have been re-written for 64-bit and are now compatible with Vegas Pro 12. The updated plug-ins include the four Noise Reduction 2.0 plug-ins (Audio Restoration, Click and Crackle Removal, Clipped Peak Restoration, and Noise Reduction), along with Acoustic Mirror, Zplane élastique Pro timestretch, and Wave Hammer.
24-bit/192 kHz audio support
Vegas Pro 12 software supports full resolution 24-bit 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity and accuracy. Import, save, and even record to this resolution using the appropriate audio hardware. Unlike traditional frame-based video editors, the ability to edit at the sample level in Vegas Pro enables you perform ultra-precise adjustments to the audio between the video frames, to remove random pops and clicks or to re-establish sync.
Multithreaded audio engine
Vegas Pro 12 software takes advantage of multicore and hyper-threading computer systems to maximize available hardware resources. By leveraging the full capabilities of the hardware and reducing direct CPU load, you will notice:
- Greater number of tracks and audio/video effects for real-time preview
- Improved performance at lower latencies
- Faster audio render times
Envelope automation recording
Record track envelope and keyframe parameters in real time, using a mouse or external control surface hardware, with touch and latch record modes and automatic post-record keyframe thinning. Automation parameter control is available for both stereo and 5.1 tracks and buses, as well as for video track envelopes.
Broadcast Wave format support
Vegas Pro 12 supports the Broadcast Wave format for easy exchange between audio editors and broadcasting platforms. Broadcast Wave Format files are similar to standard .wav files, but contain additional metadata, including timestamps, that tell the software where to add audio on the Vegas Pro timeline.
Record, monitor, and mix audio from external devices via input buses. Use the real-time rendering option to mix audio from external audio devices into your final render.
Vegas Pro 12 system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® 64-bit SP2, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows® 8 64-bit, or Windows® 8.1 64-bit operating system
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.51 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
- GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering require an OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory or more. (please see the GPU acceleration page for more detailed specifications and driver requirements)
- NewBlueFX Titler Pro requires either an NVIDIA or AMD/ATI graphics card. See above for details.
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software.