The Site Content and Site Code are owned by Sony Creative Software and/or its licensors and content providers, and are protected by applicable domestic and international copyright laws. Unless expressly permitted by Sony Creative Software, you shall not capture, reproduce, perform, transfer, sell, license, modify, create derivative works from or based upon, republish, upload, edit, post, transmit, publicly display, frame, link distribute or exploit in whole or in part any Site Content or Site Code. Any violation of copyright laws may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
All Site Content, including without limitation, the text, images, audio (streaming or downloadable), and video (streaming or downloadable) and any other materials accessed through or made available for use or download through this Site are copyrighted and may not be copied, distributed, modified, reproduced, published or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Sony Creative Software.
As a condition of your use of this Site, you represent and warrant that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these TOS. If you breach any of these TOS, your authorization to use this Site automatically terminates and civil and criminal penalties may apply.
The Sony Creative Software trademarks must be used in accordance with the Sony Creative Software Inc. Trademark Guidelines, may not be used in connection with any product or service other than those of Sony Creative Software, may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Sony Creative Software or the Site. You gain no right to use any Sony Creative Software trademarks or those of any other entity by virtue of your use of this Site.
Sony Creative Software is pleased to hear from its customers and welcomes your comments regarding our products and services. These comments should only be submitted to one of the mailboxes available to users of the Site provided for that purpose. All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to Sony Creative Software through the Site (collectively, the "Submission") will forever be the property of Sony Creative Software. Sony Creative Software will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas for its business (including without limitation, product or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future Sony Creative Software products or operations. Without limitation, Sony Creative Software will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submissions of every kind and nature, everywhere. Sony Creative Software will be entitled to use the Submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Submission. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not Sony Creative Software, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
As part of your Account, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. You are responsible for all activity occurring under your Account. You agree that you will: (1) immediately notify Sony Creative Software of any unauthorized use of your user name or password; and (2) ensure that you properly exit the Site at the completion of your session. Sony Creative Software shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising from your Account or your failure to comply with these requirements.
USING ANY SERVICE ON THE SITE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ENTERING THE DISCUSSION FORA) WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE SERVICES OFFERED BY Sony Creative Software.
Sony Creative Software SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR THE MISUSE OR MISINTERPRETATION OF, ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. Sony Creative Software DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE.
Sony Creative Software DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE PROGRAMMING. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING PROCEDURES SUFFICIENT TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS FOR DATA BACK UP AND SECURITY. YOU AGREE THAT Sony Creative Software SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS OR DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OF INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH CODE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OF THE INTERNET.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND HYPERLINKED WEB SITES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY Sony Creative Software OR Sony Creative Software'S AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEB SITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You may post comments, content, submit suggestions, ideas, questions, or other information to the Site community and its fora and other interactive areas ("Services"), so long as such content complies with the following Community Guidelines. If the terms and conditions of this Agreement are not acceptable to you, you should immediately discontinue your use of these Services.
You agree not to do any of the following actions while using any Services:
- Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Services participant, user or other individual or entity;
- Transmit any content, using any of the Services, that Sony Creative Software and/or any governmental agency considers to be disruptive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Cause any Service to be disrupted by uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting scripts, viruses, or other programs designed to inhibit the functionality of or destroy any software or hardware connected to the Services;
- Impersonate in any of the Services any person, including, but not limited to, a Sony Creative Software or Site official, chat or message board leader, guide or host or expert;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a Sony Creative Software chat room or forum, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants;
- Post topics unrelated to the specific subject of the forum including but not limited to rumors or speculations about existing or unreleased Sony products, discussions of Sony policy and procedures, and non-constructive complaints or petitions.
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation of a commercial nature while using the Services;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing any of the Services;
- Invade the privacy or violate any personal or proprietary right of any person or entity; and
- Infringe the intellectual property rights or similar rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks, of any person or entity.
By posting or uploading Service Content to any Service, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Sony Creative Software a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, transmit, sub-license, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such Services Content into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. In addition, you warrant that the Service Content as uploaded or posted by you does not violate any person's so called "Rights of Authors" or "Moral Rights" (Droit Morale) (or other similar or analogous rights under any applicable laws of any country of the world).
You understand that the uploading to and/or posting of any Service Content using any Service shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Sony Creative Software, and Sony Creative Software shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Content. Further, the views expressed in the Service Content are not endorsed by Sony Creative Software.
You understand that you are entitled to only one (1) account and you further agree not to create additional accounts.
You agree to indemnify Sony Creative Software and all of its affiliates, subsidiaries and assigns, for any and all claims, damages, losses, and causes of action arising as a result of your posting or uploading and/or exhibiting any Service Content to any Service or your failure to comply with these TOS. While Sony Creative Software does not and cannot regularly review Service Content posted by users of the Site and is not responsible for the content of these submissions, Sony Creative Software reserves the right to delete, move, take down, restrict access to or edit Service Content that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, violates any person's rights of privacy or publicity OR OTHERWISE UNACCEPTABLE and/or violates the terms of these Community Guidelines.
The Site has been designed primarily for personal use and is not is not intended to be used to host e-commerce businesses for marketing, promotions and sales (including, without limitation, software distribution) over the Internet. Site Accounts are also not intended to be used for FTP (File Transfer Protocol) access and downloading. Accounts for the Site and the features and Services which make up the Site are limited in terms of the bandwidth for network traffic and disk utilization for storage allocated to them, as described in the Site feature pages. Exceeding any applicable limitation of bandwidth or capacity (for example, "My Files" account space) is prohibited. If there is excess usage on your account or any sub-account, Sony Creative Software reserves the right to temporarily disable access to information available from your account through a URL, or to "bounce" access requests back to senders. Repeated violations may result in termination of your account.
In addition to the Site Account limitations on bandwidth and disk utilization, certain commercial or business uses are prohibited, including the following:
- Soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
- Posting sponsorships and third-party advertisements and banners;
- Sending unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or commercial solicitations to third parties, including other Site users;
- Reselling, renting or subleasing Site space under any circumstances;
- Using or providing to any third person or entity, whether or not for a fee, any directory of or information regarding Site users other than for personal, non-commercial purposes; and
- Disseminating multi-level marketing schemes, pyramid schemes, or commercial chain letters.
When you access a non-Sony Creative Software site, please understand that it is independent from Sony Creative Software, and that Sony Creative Software has no control over the content on that Web site. In addition, a hyperlink to a non-Sony Creative Software Web site does not mean that Sony Creative Software endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The exact URL or a description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Sony Creative Software Inc.16530 Via EsprilloSan Diego, CA 92127Attn: Copyright Agent, Law Department
By this filing, Sony Creative Software seeks to preserve any and all exemptions from liability that may be available under the copyright law, but does not necessarily stipulate that it is a service provider as defined in 17USC section 512c or elsewhere in the law of the United States or any state or territory within the United States.
Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent either party from seeking interlocutory and/or injunctive relief from a court of competent jurisdiction pursuant to the preceding paragraph.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
Severability. If any provision of the TOS shall be held unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Export Controls. The Site is controlled and operated by Sony Creative Software from its offices within the State of California, United States of America. Sony Creative Software makes no representation that Site Materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Software from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (1) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (2) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.