As of March 1, 2017 Sony Creative Software has discontinued the DoStudio family of authoring applications. No further orders for DoStudio will be accepted after this date, and we will no longer provide updates or enhancements to this product line.
All DoStudio support will also be discontinued on March 1, 2017, but application registration support will continue for the foreseeable future. For any ongoing concerns, please see the DoStudio FAQ below.
DoStudio Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I be able to register or re-register my DoStudio applications?
A: Yes, the DoStudio application registration process will continue to work after the product is discontinued.
Q: Will technical support DoStudio still be available after the ending date?
A: No. Sony will not provide technical support for DoStudio products after March 1, 2017.
Q: Can I still purchase any of the DoStudio applications?
A: No. All sales options have been discontinued.
Q: Can I still download the installer files for the latest versions of DoStudio?
A: Yes. Select the appropriate download from the links below:
- DoStudio 4.0 Indie authoring (includes EX and 3D modules for licensed customers)
- DoStudio 3.0 Indie authoring (includes EX and 3D modules for licensed customers)
- DoStudio 4.0 Encoder AVC & MVC installer
- DoStudio 3.0 Encoder AVC & MVC installer
- DVDLogic IG Editor 1.6 for DSA EX installations (for DoStudio EX authoring users)
- DoStudio Subtitle and Scripting Utility tool 0.9
Q: How do I re-install and/or re-register the DoStudio Application?
Note: these instructions are also helpful if your application shows a message stating, “License has been de-activated” or “the registration/licenses have been corrupted.”
A: Make sure you have your DSA Serial Numbers.
- Uninstall all DSA applications on the system you want to install or re-install on.
- Go to this location, and delete all files and folders it contains: C:\ProgramData\Sony\DoStudio
- Make sure the date and time of the system is accurate.
- Reboot your system.
- Re-install the DSA applications.
- Open the applications and follow the registration steps provided; enter in the serial numbers when prompted.
- Re-start the DSA applications.
Also, check these settings if either application has problems running fully.
- Set the system User Account Settings (UAC) to Never Notify.
- Run the applications in Full Admin Mode.
- Make sure the system clock and date are accurate; They must be for the security checks to pass.
Q: What can I do if I have lost my original purchased serial numbers for DoStudio applications?
A: You can submit a request through www.custcenter.com.
Q: What if I cannot find the DSA/DSE serial numbers provided to me by Sony Creative Software after the NetBlender acquisition?
A: You can enter in a request to locate DSA 3.0 serial numbers for original NetBlender purchases through the www.custcenter.com web portal. If they can be located using verifiable company information, they will be provided.
Q: Will the DoStudio authoring sample projects still be available for download?
A: Yes, you can download them here:
- DoStudio Indie 3.0 or 4.0 sample project
- DoStudio EX sample project
- DoStudio Pure Audio Sample project for Indie 4.0
Q: Will the DoStudio Smart Support Utility, DSSS, be needed for application registration, de-activation or re-activation?
A: No, it will no longer be needed.
Q: Will the DoStudio Smart Support Utility tool, DSSS, be available for download?A: Sony will no longer offer the DSSS tool for download; however, many of the files previously available in DSSS can be found above in this FAQ page.
Q: What happens with my Global License ID (GLID) number? Is it needed for registration?
A: The GLID number is no longer needed for registration or re-registration of DoStudio applications. You only need the DSA serial number when registering the application(s).
Q: Will the DoStudio community website still be available?
A: Yes. For a period of time the community website at www.netblender.ning.com will be available.
Q: Why does DoStudio take a long time to launch when I use it offline?
A: The DoStudio applications have an internal internet call request that looks for the google.com servers to verify the time and date during launch. Without an internet connection active at start up, the time-out process can take several minutes to complete. The application will eventually open as usual.
Q: I have a project that produces a “Source CC File Hash Data incorrect” error that my replicator says must be fixed before they will replicate my BD project. What can I do?
A: This error can be solved by making sure you are using DoStudio Authoring version 3.0 or later. If you still run into this issue, the best practice is to recompile or rebuild the project and fully compile the project and the BDCMF generation processes. Re encoding the feature video streams and or other video streams with a lower bitrate may also help.
Q: When is it appropriate to use Mixed Mode to start a DSA project?
A: In most cases you will not use Mixed Mode for a DSA project. Mixed Mode is useful if you already have DSA EX and are authoring using HDMV and need to add an external BD-J set of project files, such as .JAR files and assets. Some users have reported using Mixed Mode to combine the two different menu techniques of BD-J (Indie) and HDMV (EX) in one project, but that is not recommended. We recommend you stick to either Indie or EX mode for the entire project.