The complex world of media production requires powerful media management. Catalyst Browse, a cross-platform viewing and logging tool for all Sony Pro formats, offers streamlined media management that simplifies your workflow.DOWNLOAD NOW
A powerful clip-management tool for the latest Sony cameras and decks
Catalyst Browse works as your media assistant and lets you browse files from your Sony camera, deck, or card reader. With detailed views of individual clips, you can see and edit media metadata, accurately view video in the proper source color space, and apply color correction and color looks. Once you've selected the clips you need, you can copy them to a local hard drive or connected NAS, upload to Ci, the video cloud service by Sony, transcode to a variety of formats, as well as create, ingest, and export Sony Professional Disc clip lists.
Quickly browse files on your device in a visual thumbnail view or a detailed list.
The Places pane provides quick access to your internal and external drives, and any connected devices such as cameras, decks, or card readers. Drag and drop files between connected devices and internal or external storage.
See the details of each clip, mark in and out points, adjust colors, and edit metadata.
Copy all clips on the media, a subset, or only the desired portion of a clip to save time and space. The “Use fast device-to-device copy” option lets you copy clips directly between an XDCAM device and another device via FTP to save even more time.
Wide Color Gamut
View the full color range of your Sony S-Log, X-OCN, and RAW files for total confidence. Apply color correction and import/export standard ASC-CDL files to save time and share with other tools in your workflow.
Flash Band Correction
Automatically detect and repair flash band problems created by flash photography.
Transcode and Cloud
Create, import, and export Sony Professional Disc clip lists for quick playout.
Need even more power?
Go beyond browsing and viewing to a full-featured media preparation and logging tool. Watch this video to learn how Catalyst Prepare can improve your workflow in the field or in the studio. For additional information on the differences between these products, please refer to this comparison chart.
Switching to Catalyst Browse
Currently using RAW Viewer or Content Browser? View our comparison chart to see if Catalyst Browse is the right solution for your workflow.
Want to learn even more about Catalyst Browse?
See our application help to learn how to use the software.
Catalyst Browse system requirements
- A 64-bit operating system: Microsoft® Windows 10 or macOS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), or 11 (Big Sur)*
*Intel processors only.
- 2 GHz multicore processor
- An 8-core processor is recommended for 4K media
- An Ivy Bridge Core i7 with Quick Sync Video or Xeon E5 processor is recommended for XAVC S media
- A Kaby Lake Core i7 processor with Quick Sync Video is recommended for 4:2:0 XAVC HS media
- An Ice Lake Core i7 processor with Quick Sync Video is recommended for 4:2:2 XAVC HS media
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed RAID for 4K or larger media
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended for 4K or larger media)
The XAVC Long 422 3840x2160 200 Mbps (Sony) transcoding presets require 16 GB or more RAM. If you're using a dedicated GPU, the presets also require 4 GB or more GPU memory.
- NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU with support for OpenCL 1.1 or later with at least 1024 MB of memory or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
- OpenGL 2.1 is recommended for optimum performance
- OpenGL 4.1 is required for video stabilization
- 4 GB GPU memory is recommended for 4K preview, HD rendering, or HD video stabilization
- 6 GB GPU memory is recommended for 4K rendering or 4K video stabilization
- 6 GB of GPU memory is recommended for decoding XAVC S or XAVC HS media, and we recommend using the latest GPU driver version from NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel. macOS provides software decoding of XAVC S or XAVC HS media.