In video, focus is critical. Catalyst Edit focuses on 4K, Sony RAW, and HD video editing so you can focus on your creativity. Deliver your most stunning video productions in all the glory you captured through your lens. You've dreamed it. You've shot it. Now cut it.
If you can cut it, they can watch it.
Your super-detailed 4K footage is amazing. Your wide color gamut, high-dynamic-range colors are stunning. Still, you won't get many people to watch until you cut it all together. The timeline cutting tools in Catalyst Edit concentrate on doing one thing really, really well: they help you make your video edit look as great as the content you shot.
New features in Catalyst Edit 2016.1
- Secondary Preview window
- Preview window view options
- Saved window configuration
- Open a clip in a Catalyst Prepare library
- Rectangle position box improvements
- Vignette OpenFX plug-in
- Output overlays
- Collapsible Inspector headings
- Cut/copy/paste multiple clips across multiple tracks
- Media generators inherit timeline dimension settings
- Match clip aspect ratio to timeline aspect ratio
- Zoom and pan your video preview
- Adjustable view of project video effects
- Automatically saved backup files
- Drag multiple clips from multiple tracks to different tracks
- Recent projects list
- Preview Media Browser clips in the main Video Preview window
- Jump to the previous or next clip
- Create quick copies of clips
- Zoom to frame level or to show all clips
- Snapping fade edges
You captured all the detail. Now you can craft it into your story.
4K acquisition captures the amazing detail of your scene like never before possible. Sony RAW and XAVC embrace the wide color gamut and high dynamic range your camera captures and lay it right there for you to use. Catalyst Edit lets you use it.
Make edits to your project with full confidence that edits you've made later in the timeline ripple to preserve the work you've already done.
Dual app workflow
Use the Windows auto resize feature or the new split view in Mac OS X to take advantage of drag and drop from Catalyst Prepare to Catalyst Edit.
Fluid hover scrub makes seeking through clips in the Media Browser super-fast. Mark in and out points so you can quickly add just the material you need to get on with your edit.
OpenFX plug-ins. What you shot is great.
Now make it stunning with filters and effects.
Sometimes even the best footage needs a little something to make the impact you envision. Robust industry-standard OpenFX support gives you the power to enhance and adjust your video for the look you want. Use built-in filters, effects, generators, and transitions, or plug your third-party filters and effects into your project and use them with seamless integration. Whether it's subtle correction or drastic artistic flare that you're after, OpenFX support makes it all possible.
Catalyst Production Suite integration makes your job easier.
Catalyst Prepare is the fast, simple, reliable path from camera to post. With Catalyst Edit you pick up right where you left off in Catalyst Prepare without dropping a frame or missing a beat. Together as the Catalyst Production Suite, they create a flowing integration that provides you with a seamless and fast workflow.
Mac OS X and Windows
Your computer is a tool you use to make great videos, and you run whatever operating system it takes to get the job done for your client. Whether you run Mac OS X or Windows, you need powerful editing capabilities. And if you use one platform at the studio and the other at the home office, you probably need to work on your projects on both systems. That's why Catalyst Prepare and Catalyst Edit look, feel, and function exactly the same on either platform.
File format support
Sony RAW 4K, Sony RAW 2K, XAVC Long, XAVC Intra, XAVC S, XDCAM 422, XDCAM SR (SStP), DNxHD, ProRes (OS X), AVC H.264/MPEG-4, AVCHD, HDV, DV, XDCAM MPEG IMX, JPEG, PNG, WAV, and MP3.
Catalyst Production Suite supports a variety of cameras, Professional Disc players, and card readers, as well as BlackMagic Design professional video output devices including UltraStudio, DeckLink, and Intensity PRO.
Want to learn even more about Catalyst Edit?
See our application help to learn how to use the software.
Catalyst Edit system requirements
- A 64-bit operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan)
- NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU supporting OpenGL 2.1, OpenCL™ 1.1 or later with 512 MB video memory (2 GB for 4K) or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- SSD or high-speed RAID for 4K media
You must provide registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.