Have you tried Catalyst Browse?
This free software is compatible with the latest operating systems
and performs many of the same functions as Content Browser.
CineAlta Camera Series
- View, Copy (Copy by Mark In/Out), Move and Delete clips
- Browse and Edit metadata
- XDCAM ClipList (play and edit)
- XDCAM Offline Workflow (edit with proxy, then sync with original media)
Formatting SxS Memory Card / Professional Disc (using XDCAM Drive Utility Software)
Flash Band Correction**
- Create new clips with automatic detection & correction of flash band effect for CMOS image sensors
- Unique detection algorithm with high accuracy
Support for Apple Final Cut Pro** (Mac only)
- Import clips to FCP-X and FCP-7 with file conversion to QuickTime
- Export editied sequence to MXF / MP4 files from FCP-7
XDCAM Station support
- Browse clips and edit with ClipList (CIFS connection)
- File transfer (FTP connection)
- Remote control, Copy clips between media (NET-RMT connection)
Display 3D clips (for PMW-TD300 and 3D-LINK option for PMW-F3)
- Convert to a variety of file formats see details)
* with some limitation for NXCAM clips ** XDCAM (MXF) & XDCAM EX (MP4) clips only (XAVC / NXCAM not supported)
(Advanced Pack for Content Browser is required)
- XMPilot support (create & edit Planning Metadata)
- Live Viewing & Logging (using XDCAM Proxy)
- Print Clip Information
- Add Essence Mark using Essence Mark List
- Render edited sequences* as WMV files (using XDCAM Proxy)
- Export ClipList to AAF files* (for Avid post production workflows)
- BD/DVD Burning*
- Audio Level Meter
- Acquisition Metadata Display
- Expanded ClipList (enabling to create ClipList from multiple media)
* Windows only (no support on Mac OS)
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or higher (64bit/32bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit) version 1507 or earlier
Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.7.3 - 10.7.5 (64bit/32bit)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Please note: later versions of macOS are not supported. Please consider using the free Catalyst Browse software instead.
A serial number is required to install this application. (A 30 day free trial is available.) You can use the one provided in your camcorder/deck product package.
If you need additional serial numbers, please purchase a serial number here. Please note that a small fee is required to offset the codec license fees such as MPEG LA.
If you have a previous serial number from XDCAM Advanced Pack or NXCAM Activation Pack, that can also be used for the installation.
To download Content Browser Version 1.1 (with no serial number required), please visit here.
Replaced by this single platform application, the following separate applications will eventually be phased out:
- Content Management Utility
- XDCAM Browser
- XDCAM Transfer (for Apple FCP)
- XDCAM EX Clip Browser
- PDZ-1 (XDCAM Proxy Browsing Software)
- PDZ-VX10 (XDCAM Viewer)
Need an additional feature, encounter a problem, or have general feedback?